Completed on behalf of the Property Litigation Association (PLA).
Applications for the recovery of land.
Proceedings for the recovery of land are generally brought in two sets of circumstances:
- by mortgage lenders, where the borrower has fallen into arrears on their mortgage payments; and
- by landlords, whose tenants have fallen into arrears. They also cover proceedings brought to evict trespassers.
The fees currently charged to commence these proceedings were last increased on 22 April 2014, and represent the average cost of providing access to the courts.
The current fees are:
- £480 to commence proceedings in the High Court;
- £280 to commence proceedings in the County Court; and
- £250 to commence proceedings online using the Possession Claims Online facility (PCOL).
Click here to read more.
Hogan Lovells International LLP