PLA Annual Conference – Keble College, Oxford – POSTPONED
I am sorry to inform you that this year’s PLA Annual Conference (scheduled for 19 & 20 March) has been postponed until the autumn. Your Executive Committee have taken this necessary decision in the light of the current coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
The 2020 PLA Annual Conference now will take place on 1 & 2 October, still at Keble College, Oxford. The excellent Conference programme devised by the Education & Training Committee and the months of preparation by the speakers are too good to lose. So, please put the new date in your diary.
If you are unable to attend the rescheduled Conference on 1 & 2 October, as usual you will be able to transfer tickets to others in your firm.
We hope that members will understand and support the Executive Committee’s decision, and we look forward to gathering in Oxford in October for what we all know will be a great event – a little later than normal but as successful as ever!
Please do not hesitate to contact the TPS office if you have any other questions for either the Executive Committee or TPS.
Download the programme – please note the programme date has not been updated yet.
The general format remains the same – arrival during Thursday afternoon in time for the Reception and Dinner, stay overnight and then the Conference itself all day on Friday until 4 pm.
New for 2020
- Multi-Choice Session – Following member feedback, for the first time this year, the traditional multi-choice session will feature six options and will be repeated after lunch to give members the opportunity to select two sessions to attend.
- Greener Conference – Also for the first time, in response to member feedback and in line with other organisations, your Committee has opted for a “greener” Conference with hard-copy handouts no longer being provided. Instead, the speakers’ papers will be available for download before the Conference, except in the case of speakers who wish to withhold their paper until after their talk when these too will be made available. More details on this when you receive the event information.
The attendance fees remain the same as last year:
– standard @ £420 + VAT . This includes reception, dinner, overnight accommodation on Thursday 1 October and the conference itself on Friday 2 October
– no accommodation @ £350 + VAT for those who prefer to arrange their own accommodation
– reception and dinner only @ £110 + VAT to attend on the Thursday evening only (and with no accommodation provided)
Attendance on the Friday is limited to 235, and the ensuite rooms are allocated on a first come, first served basis. So it pays to book early.