Date: 1 October 2020
Event times: 1.30-2.15pm
Venue: via Zoom
Since 26 March 2020 possession proceedings have been on ice. The automatic stay has now come to an end as of 20 September and the enormous backlog of cases and any new proceedings (assuming there is no further extension) are at last about to resume.
A new Practice Direction 55C has taken effect and the Master of the Rolls’ possession proceedings working group has published a set of “Overall Arrangements” to address the unprecedented demand expected to be placed on the courts.
With a host of legal and rule changes over the past weeks, what can be expected from possession hearings going forward and what do practitioners need to know?
Specialist property barristers Simon Allison (a member of the Master of the Rolls’ possession proceedings working group), Miriam Seitler and Brooke Lyne of Landmark Chambers explain how to navigate possession proceedings once the stay is lifted.
They will discuss the following issues:
- What is the new Practice Direction 55C and what are the “Overall Arrangements”?
- What changes have been made to notice periods in residential claims?
- How do you get your case re-listed?
- What are the (new) practicalities for possession hearings – what should you expect?
- What are the changes to enforcement?
Open to all PLA members.
BOOKING: please book using the form at the bottom of this page. Your booking confirmation will provide a link for you to pre-register for the event.